Sunday, March 28, 2010

Visit to Mount Horeb

Recently, I went to Mount Horeb, a place in Sasthamcotta, Kollam, Kerala. Here the holy remains of our Bava Thirumeni is placed and a wonderful chapel built in his memory. The campus also has the Mount Horeb Ashram, where James Achen stays. James Achen is one of the foremost disciples of Bava Thirumeni and has been elevated to Rambachen. In fact, he was elevated to Rambachen at Parumala church on same day I went there. So I was not able to meet him. He will be elevated as a Thirumeni in May 2010. James Achen was sort of a guru to me during my BTech days and has played a great role in moulding me spiritually and otherwise through his teachings from the Bible.

There is a wonderful lake (Sasthamcotta Kaayal) adjoining the campus. The shrine and the chapel is fast becoming a place of pilgrimage with a lot of devotees thronging in everyday.











No comments:

Post a Comment